There are many ways you can show your support for the Shed.
1. Become a 'Friend of the Shed'. Please mail Debbie for more details.
2. Watch out for regular stalls at craft fairs where you can buy Shed-made products. We use our Facebook page a lot, and posters in and around Thanet, but you can always pop in to fin out more.
3. Commission us to make something for you. Here are some examples
4. Watch out for miscellaneous fund-raising activities that we do locally.
For example, in 2018, shopping at the Co-op and nominating the Shed as your beneficiary in their community fund helps. So does popping a token in our box in both local Tesco branches.
5. Shopping online? We've got that covered too, if you register for Giving a bit, you can access almost every online retailer's sites through the portal, and they then give us a % of everything that you spend. Job done.
6. Donate wood, materials, or even prizes for our regular raffles. Just drop us a line to find out more. If we cannot use it, we have a network of other Sheds just starting out that can.
7. Volunteer. We're all in it for the love of Sheds and what they give to our community and many other world-wide. It's a tough but rewarding job, and we are always on the look out for people who are able to donate just a little of their time to help us keep the ship afloat.
Work is now complete in our wonderful new space and we have new members joining weekly.
But... so many of our existing and potential Shedders could do with a bit of help with stairs. It's now becoming a real issue for members with severe mobility issues, and preventing even more people from joining.
We have plans to install a lift in The Big Shed to make the entire space completely accessible to all. That's not something we can build ourselves (sadly).
In 2016 we entered the Aviva Community fund competition to try and raise the much needed funds for the lift.
Many, many people voted for us to won funding for the lift, and we were very grateful for the support.
Sadly, although we were finalists thanks to your help, we did not win.
BUT...... undeterred we thought we would try again in 2017, and have managed to get through the first round.
So we'll be calling on all our wonderful supporters again this year to vote for us when voting opens later in the year so please watch this space.